Back To Top

Description

Description
Named in honor of Viceroy Bernardo de Galvéz in 1785, Galveston Island is shown on this map in two sections. In intricate detail highlighting its settlement, the island is divided into five distinct areas, with the city of Galveston on the east end. The western two-thirds of the island was not part of the original city.
Mi9 Retail