Back To Top

Description

Description
Prior to the establishment of a drafting department at the Texas General Land Office in 1846, the task of identifying the original land grants in the counties fell to district and county surveyors. Lindsey’s 1839 map of Bexar County sought to identify all of the grants issued up to that point, from the Frío River in the south to the “Imaginary Course of the Guadalupe” in the north. The area near San Antonio included many of the roads leading to the city, as well as original Spanish and Mexican land grants.
Mi9 Retail