Back To Top

Description

Description
Drawn in 1902 by draftsman G.H. Frank, this map depicts Ft. Worth at the turn of the twentieth century during the Progressive Era, a period of urban renewal and new home and business growth. This map is a great illustration of the emerging significance of the city of Fort Worth. Prominently featured at the north end of downtown is the Tarrant County Courthouse, which was only seven years old when this map was made. This particular courthouse was made of pink Texas granite, in a Renaissance Revival style that closely resembles the Texas State Capitol with the exception of the clock tower.
Mi9 Retail